Silcom strives to meet and exceed customer's expectations with quality products and value-added services. The management team has created a vibrant and technologically advanced manufacturing environment, where training is combined with knowledge and "know how" is transferred to employees.
and Win-Win thinking
- Proactive Risk Management and Fact-Based Decision Making
- Failures are Lessons if you learn from them
- Treating people with Dignity - Respect and Empathy
- Only Harvest where you have sowed
- Socially and environmentally reposinsible. Sustainability.
Silcom operates from a 12 000 m² facility located in Lyttelton, South Africa.
The company has an on-premises recycling partner and strives to comply with ISO 14001 standards
Silcom employs over 110 staff members and strives to continuously provide opportunities for improvement, not only on a professional level but also on a personal level.
(View EE Policy)
There is a dedicated research and development laboratory equipped with state of the art equipment.
The company owns a fleet of trucks and other vehicles with multiple loading bays and approximately 4000 m² warehousing
Silcom has onsite generation capacity of 1 MVA and stores enough diesel to to supply backup electricity to the factory for 240 hours.
- Silcom has an experienced engineering team that installs and maintains its production units with a well-equipped workshop facility of approximately 400m².
Silcom uses its own in-house developed line control system which includes:
- Line control: integration and unit synchronization
- Recipe management
- Alarm management
- Real time Data logging
Silcom will manufacture cable according to customer’s requirement in an effective and profitable manner. To achieve the above, the Management is committed to the following (View Quality Policy)
Maintain the ISO 9001 Quality Management System(View ISO 9001 Certificate)
Continual review and improvement of the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
Provide all necessary resources to manufacture quality cable
Create a safe and technologically advanced working environment
Respect for the environment in which we operate
Training and communication to keep employees informed and involved
Silcom manufactures a wide array of products and utilizes its expertise and know how to continuously develop new and improved products
data and voice cables
Cat 5 Outdoor
Cat 6 Outdoor
electronic detonator cables
- cable configurations
- Insulation or Sheathing Materials
Silcom can manufacture the following cable configurations.
All configurations can be made with or without insulation.
- ' Round
- ' Oval
- ' Figure - 8
Conductor material can be a choice of the following:
- Copper Wire
- 21% IACS Copper Cladded Steel *
- Copper Plated Steel Wire
- Low Carbon Steel Wire
- High Carbon Steel Wire
- Galvanized Steel Wire (Electro Galvanized or Hot Dip)
* IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard)
- Conductors can be Hard Drawn, Partially Annealed or Fully Annealed.
- Conductor diameters can range from 0.1mm to 0.9mm
Co-Extrusion materials can be any of the following (see the full list of materials in the Insulation or Sheathing Material section):
- Co-Extrusion is optional.
- Co-Extrusion is available in all pantone colours.
Co-Extrusion can be used for:
- Cable identification.
- Orientation indicators.
- Extra properties.
Cables can have the following basic configurations:
- 100% Co-Extrusion Covers entire circumference of sheath.
1 x Co-Extruded stripe
Can be between 10%-40% of total Sheath circumference.
Can be any position, as per customer requirement
2 x Co-Extruded stripes
Can have 2 co-extruded stripes from 10%-25% of total Sheath circumference.
Can be any position, as per customer requirement.
- Cables can be manufactured with or without inner insulation and sheath.
- Insulation and sheath are available in all pan-tone colours.
Insulation and sheath materials can be any of the following:
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Various blends of PVC with EVA
- Various blends of PVC with TPU
- Various blends of PVC with Nitrile Rubber
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDP)
- Medim Density Polyethylene (MDPE)
- Linear Medium Density Polyethylene (LMDPE)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Various blends of Polyolefins
- Modified Polyolefins
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR)
- Neoprene (Polychloroprene)
- Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR)
- Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene (CSPE)
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
- PFA Perfluoroalkoxy alkanes
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- ETFE Tefzel and ECTFE Halar
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
- Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE)
- Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE)
- Polyolefin Blending https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/pen.760211310
- PVC Blending Standard PVC is blended with thermoplastic polyurethane, nitrile rubber, EVA, and other polymers for enhanced performance qualities. We specifically formulate these alloys to maximize properties such as low temperature toughness, abrasion resistance, low extractability, chemical resistance, ultimate elongation, and hot melt strength. https://www.teknorapex.com/apex-flexible-pvc-blends
Get in touch with us
If you have any question, Please don’t hesitate to send us a message